2011 Winter Walk-On Procedure
This information details the procedure used to conduct tryouts to join the 2011 Eastern Washington University football team in the spring. There will be several steps involved, and all must be completed before an on-the-field tryout will be conducted. The process will consist of two “qualifying” meetings followed by an on-the-field tryout.
1st meeting will be held at the Phase II outside the football offices. It will begin at 4:00 PM on Tuesday February 15, 2011.
Documents to bring to this meeting:
1. Eastern Washington University Winter quarter 2011 schedule (must be enrolled in at least 12 units to be eligible)
2. Proof of a physical examination within the last 6 months
3. Proof of Health Insurance (must be covered by your own health insurance policy to be eligible to tryout and play at Eastern Washington University) – EWU student health insurance doesn’t qualify for this insurance.
4. If you are a freshman in school must provide proof if registration and qualifier status with the NCAA Clearinghouse. Bring print out form clearinghouse to this meeting.
5. If coming from junior college must provide confirmation of A/A Degree with 48 transferable units, be able to meet degree % requirements at Eastern Washington University, and provide all junior college transcripts applicable to this meeting.
6. If transferring form a 4 year University must provide proof of registration and qualifier status with the NCAA Clearinghouse, and copies of all university transcripts. Must also bring release form previous school.
Documents to be filled out at this meeting include:
1. Medical Waiver form
2. Eastern Washington University Student-Athlete drug consent form
2nd meeting will be held at the Phase II outside the football offices. It will begin at 4:00 PM on Monday February 21, 2011.
Purpose of this meeting:
To determine individual student-athlete eligibility to participate in the tryout process as well as set the date of actual tryout.
You will be notified via email by the end of the day Wednesday February 23, 2011 whether or not you are eligible to participate in the tryout.
Individuals will be evaluated on:
- Change of direction
- Hip Flexibility
- Physical condition
- Background check
Thank you for your interest in Eastern Washington University Football. Hope to see you at the tryout.
Eastern Washington University Football