Sept. 18, 2006
Coming Up (*Big Sky Conference):
· W. Soccer - September 22 - vs #21
· W. Soccer- September 28 - at
· W. Soccer - September 30 - at
Previous Action (*Big Sky Conference):
· W. Soccer - September 15 - at #20
· W. Soccer - September 17 - vs
· With losses to No. 20 USC 2-0 and
· Eastern used 19 players in the game against
· The Eagles tied unbeaten
· The first and lone win for the Eagles came on Sept. 3 when the Eagles defeated Birmingham-Southern 4-2. Four different eagles scored in that game and three other players had assists. Eastern scored all four of their goals in a 25 minute span, and it was just enough to hold off the Panthers.
· As of Sept. 13, Eastern was leading the Big Sky in saves, averaging 9.83 per game.
· After recording 11 saves against USC and seven against
· As of Sept. 13, Melissa Guthrie is tied for second in the Big Sky in goals (3) and tied for fourth in goals per game with (.50).
Comments from Head Coach George Hageage:
· On Playing Pac-10 No. 20 USC: "I thought we did extremely well. We knew it was going to be a tough week. We had a good game plan and executed it well, and I thought we did really well against a team that is very, very dangerous."
· On Playing Pac-10 Team
· More on the Two Pac-10 Teams:" These are two Pac-10 teams, so they are well coached. USC has four players that played on the national teams, so it was a good experience for our kids. I was happy with the results. Obviously we would like to win, but if we can lose and still play well I'm happy with the result."
· On the Tough Pre-season and How It's Preparing You For the Big Sky:" I think we're getting better every game. Last year we played
· On Utilizing Lots of Players at Home Games: "Actually we are really deep. I think that is a huge advantage for us, especially for home games. Obviously on the road we can only take 18. For the home games, you might not see as many as you saw in the previous games but you will definitely see a number of players getting time. I think that is to our advantage to do that -- to keep people fresh. We have some speed and a lot of young players now and they can get time."
· On the Six-day Rest Between
· Big Sky Conference Women's Soccer - http://www.bigskyconf.com/sport_front.asp?sportid=106
· NCAA Women's Soccer - http://www.ncaasports.com/soccer/womens/
· Soccer Buzz Top 25 Rankings - http://www.soccerbuzz.com/
· NSCAA/Adidas Top 25 Coaches Poll - http://www.nscaa.com/cr.php