March 4, 2008
The Eastern Washington University women's tennis team won its fifth consecutive match on Sunday (March 2), defeating Lewis-Clark State in a road match, 7-0. The Eagles (5-5) now have their longest winning streak since the 1993 squad began its season 8-0.
The most dominating performance on the day came courtesy of Rachel Berger, as she claimed a 6-0, 6-1 win on court five. In doubles play, Berger and Kerstyn Dolack shut out their opponent, 8-0, at No. 3.
The Eagles will play two home Big Sky Conference matches next weekend, taking on Northern Colorado (3-7, 0-3 BSC) at 1 p.m. on Saturday (March 8) before facing Northern Arizona (9-7, 3-1 BSC) at 8 a.m. on Sunday (March 9).
Eastern Washington vs Lewis-Clark State
3/2/08 at Lewiston, Idaho
Eastern Washington 7, Lewis-Clark State 0
1. Kasey Knox (EWU) def. Shefat Baishakhi (LCSC) 6-3, 6-3
2. Kerstyn Dolack (EWU) def. Jamie Chan (LCSC) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
3. Sarah Leuenberger (EWU) def. Kaylan Crane (LCSC) 6-1, 6-2
4. Amanda Mankovits (EWU) def. Alyson Peck (LCSC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Rachel Berger (EWU) def. Megan Smedley (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Judy Liening (EWU) def. Mei Fong (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
1. Kasey Knox/Amanda Mankovits (EWU) def. Jamie Chan/Shefat Baishakhi (LCSC) 8-3
2. Sarah Leuenberger/Marie Demerath (EWU) def. Megan Smedley/Mei Fong (LCSC) 8-4
3. Kerstyn Dolack/Rachel Berger (EWU) def. Alyson Peck/Kaylan Crane (LCSC) 8-0
Eastern Washington 5-5