April 10, 2008
The Eastern Washington University women's tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to visiting Gonzaga on Thursday afternoon (April 10).
The Eagles had outscored Gonzaga 5-2 in Spokane on Feb. 20. The Bulldogs continue their hot streak, as GU has now won five straight contests.
Eastern Washington heads to Missoula to take on Montana (5-10, 2-2 BSC) at 10 a.m. Pacific Time on Saturday (April 12). The Eagles (8-10) bring a 4-3 league mark into that contest and are tied for the school record for Big Sky wins (the 2007 squad finished 4-3).
Eastern Washington is currently in third place, while the Grizzlies are tied for fourth. The top six teams advance to the Big Sky Championship, to be played from April 25-27 in Gold River, Calif. Eastern Washington has already clinched a berth.
Gonzaga vs Eastern Washington
4/10/08 at Spokane, Wash.
Gonzaga 7, Eastern Washington 0
1. Aglaya Kokurina (GU) def. Kasey Knox (EWU) 6-0, 6-7, 1-0 (10-6)
2. Rika Mehndiratta (GU) def. Kerstyn Dolack (EWU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Emily Anderson (GU) def. Sarah Leuenberger (EWU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Clare Dodge (GU) def. Amanda Mankovits (EWU) 7-6 (7-2), 6-1
5. Sydney Lederhouse (GU) def. Marie Demerath (EWU) 1-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-6)
6. Danielle Farmer (GU) def. Rachel Berger (EWU) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-5)
1. Kasey Knox/Amanda Mankovits (EWU) def. Emily Anderson/Aglaya Kokurina (GU) 8-3
2. Danielle Farmer/Rika Mehndiratta (GU) def. Marie Demerath/Sarah Leuenberger (EWU) 8-5
3. Clare Dodge/Sydney Lederhouse (GU) def. Rachel Berger/Kerstyn Dolack (EWU) 8-4
Eastern Washington 8-10